3 hours of an interview decides your next 1-3 years of living.
How you behave during these 3 hours, what you say, and how you negotiate your offer will decide how much you will be paid and how well you're going to live in the next couple of years.
The funny thing is these 3 hours is a game.
Yes, a software engineer interview and the whole preparation process is a game. And if you don't know how to play it, the chances to win from the first try are pretty low.
Don't know how to play the game↓Putting "wrong" words on your Resume and LinkedIn↓Not invited to interview
Don't know how to play the game↓Saying "wrong" words during an interview↓Rejected
Don't know how to play the game↓Writing "wrong" words during offer negotiation↓Loss of 20-50% of the salary
But if you think that just knowing how to play the game and knowing the rules will help you win...you're wrong.
Knowing the rules doesn't guarantee that you will win. Knowing the rules doesn't guarantee that you won't do something "wrong." It only guarantees that you will play better than someone else who doesn't know them. But know how to play ≠ know how to win.
So what guarantees a win?
The winning strategy.
When you know when, where, and what to do in order to win. When you need to find a hidden doorway to get to the 2nd level or when you need to have a special weapon to defeat the last boss. That's what guarantees victory. To win the game you need a winning strategy, in other words you need a system.
✅ Step-by-step system that produces repeatable results.
✅ System that doesn't rely on chance.
✅ System where you can't do anything "wrong."
System that gives you the win.
You must be a smart person and know the importance of systems with predictable results. And probably you already understand that we're going to talk about such system, am I right?
First I want to introduce myself and tell you about the journey I went through to create this system.
I am Nick Bull.
Senior Frontend Developer with 6+ years work experience in the tech field. Over the years, I've worked for many companies, from the YCombinator startup to a large corporation working on products for Big 4 Wireless Carriers giants like AT&T.
Over the years, I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly side of interviews. They've helped me to learn how to play an "interview game" and create the winning strategy, the system, that produces repeatable results.
But 6 years ago when I started my coding career I didn't know a thing about interviews and sucked at playing the "interview game."
My first job application looked like this:
1. Found resume template in Google.
2. Filled with my information.
3. Sent it to 3 companies which I found on the local job board website.
And I started to wait...
No response in one day.
"It's ok, it's just one day," I told myself.
No response in seven days.
"Maybe they don't read my email? Let's send it again."
No response in fourteen days.
It wasn’t strange.
They read my email. I know it. They read it once and move it to trash.
You know why?
The email subject was "trash."
The email message was "trash."
The resume that I sent to every company was the same, and it was also "trash."
But 6 years ago I didn't understand that and a lot of other things in an "interview game."
But as time went on, I began to learn. I was making mistakes and gaining experience. So that during 6 years I've applied more than 110 times, failed 25+ job interviews, and got 17 job offers in summary (in truth slightly more, I don't count offers that people send me without interviews from personal refers)
These statistics is not linear. When I started my career, I could send 10 job applications every day. The success rate was about 1:10 (one in ten companies responded). But then I became more selective about which company to send my resume to.
Now, after all these hours of trying, preparing, talking, and interviewing, I finally understand exactly how to nail the interview process. From sending a cover letter with your resume to passing an interview and negotiating an offer. This knowledge helped me to stop feeling nervous during the interview and understand how to "sell myself" to companies so that they send me high value offers.
In this book, I've summarized everything I've learned, all my tricks, tips, "cheat codes" I use, recent research in the field of recruitment, other developers' experience and hiring managers' advice I have collected into the proven repeatable system any developer can use to pass a Software Engineer interview and land a job.
In this book, I show you how to play an "interview game."
And most importantly, I show you how to win at an "interview game."
1. You want to get a job as a software engineer and struggling to prepare and ace job interviews.
2. You want to switch the job and make sure to get the highest paying job offer.
3. You have no work experience and don't know how to be invited for an interview, what to expect, and how to be hired.
4. You send your CV or Resume to companies and always don't hear back after.
5. You want to know how to make interviewers who just looking at your profile LinkedIn actually invite you to an interview and stop ghosting you.
6. You are working or want to work as a Frontend, Full-Stack, or Web Developer in the first case. 90% of the book's content is equally applicable for any type of software engineer position Backend, Frontend, Testing, AI, and ML, but the other 10% of the book are my personal tricks that I used to get a Frontend developer position. But if you're a creative type of person, you can easily adapt it to your field.
This book is not exactly designed for technical interview preparation. It does not teach you how to solve coding algorithms and coding problems. Those things are obviously prerequisites for getting a job as a developer, and if you are looking for exactly this, here is where you can find it:
If you want to know what is inside the book, take a look at the table of contents.
Let's highlight some of the interesting parts of the book that you will discover:
✅ A proven system of how to prepare for each step of the job interview, successfully ace them and get a high value software engineer job.
✅ How to get a software engineer job without a degree and work experience.
✅ What 4 things every company looks for in every candidate.
✅ The exact steps of how to create a resume that make you stand out from the crowd and get you an invitation to the interview.
✅ Exactly how to prepare for behavioral, problem solving, and technical interview questions.
✅ Deep preparation system to most productively prepare for a technical interview in a short period (you don’t need preparing 24/7)
✅ Step-by-step framework to negotiate an offer and get the best deal.
✅ Exact steps on how to write a cover letter and maximize your chances to get noticed and get invited to a call with a recruiter.
✅ The missing knowledge about the *one* thing every employer looks for in every candidate.
✅ How to behave at the job interview to look like a confident and high value candidate.
✅ How to create LinkedIn profile every recruiter want you to have (87% of recruiters use LinkedIn to check candidates)
And many many more.
BONUS #1: The most optimized Resume template that gave me 25+ interview invitations.
BONUS #2: A system of how to negotiate a job offer to get the best deal.
✔️ 100+ pages proven repeatable system of how to prepare for each step of a job interview, pass it successfully, get an offer, and land a job.
✔️ Most optimized Resume template for every job application.
✔️ Personal resources for technical interview preparation (included in the book)
✔️ Personal list of 30+ resources where you can find a job (included in the book)
Are you ready to land a high paying job in tech?
Get the Win “The Interview” Game book now.
Put your email in the form below and I will send you an email when I release the book with some bonus for you.
Good question, here is the plan:
1. Read the book.
2. Prepare for each step of the job interview applying the knowledge from it.
3. Apply for jobs using the list of job boards and guide on how exactly to get an invitation to an interview (from the book)
4. Successfully pass an interview applying “preparation guide” (from the book)
5. Negotiate an offer using “get the best deal framework” (from the book)
6. Get a job as a software engineer.
No risk: I offer a 100% money-back guarantee. Because I’m confident in my system, I'm offering a 30-days risk-free guarantee.
But it’s not correct to say “if the book doesn’t work” because it’s not a book. It’s a system.
Win “The Interview” Game is not a non-fictional book with the story of how one developer passed a job interview or a motivational speech for 100+ pages that "You can do it! You can ace the technical interview!" No, it is a proven repeatable system to prepare and successfully pass software engineer job interview.
Question: What is Win “The Interview” Game Book?
100+ pages proven repeatable system of how to prepare for each step of a job interview, pass it successfully, get an offer, and land a job any developer can use to go from being unemployed and fearing job interview person to getting multiple job offers and to crystal clear understanding of how exactly pass any job interview with confidence and without feeling scared about it.
Question: What if it doesn’t work for me?
I offer a 30-days 100% money-back guarantee because I’m confident enough in this system.
Question: Question: For what job positions Nail The Technical Interview Book for?
If you are working or want to work as a Frontend, Full-Stack, or Web Developer in the first case. 90% of the book's content is equally applicable for any type of software engineer position Backend, Frontend, Testing, AI, and ML, but the other 10% of the book are my personal tricks that I used to get a Frontend developer position. But if you're a creative type of person, you can easily adapt it to your field.